Monday, March 22, 2010

At First Sight #5

Well I finished the book "At First Sight" and it made me angry. Just after half way in the book I started getting annoyed by Lexie, she was whiney and selfish. She also kept things from Jeremy that in a true relationship should be shared. I just really didn't like her character which kind of turned me off the book. But I finished it because I didn't have time to start and finish a new book before March 23rd.

I don't understand why Nicholas Sparks ended the book where he did? If I were him I would've continued on more about how Jeremy was going to cope with Lexie dying, and him having to raise his daughter on his own.

The ending kind of threw me, I didn't see it coming. But it wasn't the ending I wanted. I was looking for a happily ever after and instead I got tradgety. With the way it ended it left me thinking about how quickly things can change and you never know what is around the corner, so take each and every moment like it was your last!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the ending. I like to know how everyone turns out. On the other hand it leaves it up the reader to envision what they think happened. Do you think that the author intentionally ended the book so that the reader could think about their life? If it ended magically perhaps the thoughts you had would never enter into a readers head??

    ReplyDelete